Thursday 17 October 2013



Yesterday, our students had the Autumn experience of raking leaves into huge piles and jumping, throwing and moving like animals. Afterward, everyone had an  opportunity to record their adventure through an art and writing project. Ask your child to share with you their experience.


The students also hear the following poem, 'The Pile'. Please reread  and discuss 'what they see'.

                                The Pile

The crunch of the leaves as I walk down the street
Lots of different colored leaves beneath my feet

As I walk down the sidewalk, what do I see?
A big pile of leaves just waiting for me!

I start with a trot and get into a run.
I leap in the air up towards the sun.

I dive down fast and fall right in the stack.
The leaves explode as I complete my attack.

The crisp air swirls as I lay on the pile.
And just then I think, "I could lay here awhile."

I hear a loud voice yell from across the street.
"Hey! Get out of there, kid! I just made that yard neat!"

I grab my bookbag, yell "Sorry!" and run
I love autumn, the leaves, the crisp air and the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.